Posted my first project to CodePlex: PowerShell Host Wizard at http://ps2wiz.codeplex.com
It’s a way to distribute your PowerShell Scripts as an Executable (*.exe) with a Wizard User Interface.
It’s intended for those PowerShell developers who may be getting pressure to create fancy User Interfaces, but don’t want to get into the quagmire of developing custom Forms just as a front end to the PowerShell script that does the real work. PS2Wiz will automatically hook into the PowerShell system and construct the User Interface elements automatically when requested by the script.
* Write-Host – will become a label.
* Read-Host – will become a TextBox.
* Get-Credential – will display two TextBoxes for credentials.
* Copy with -Confirm – will display a radio button to confirm.
* Call a function with Mandatory Parameters – Those get auto generated.
* and more…
I created a video to demonstrate how it works.
Special Thanks to ikarstein for the excellent work on PS2Exe. Got me inspired to release it to CodePlex.
(And to @mikael_nystrom for pointing me to PS2Exe a few weeks ago via twitter)